Thread: 300M VIP now with Vivid 300
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 21:22   #81
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all
Re: VIP now with Vivid 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I do actually understand this but I will put as much pressure on them as I can. A date is a date which is more than I have now. I just dislike everything that is happening with this at the minute. It should be a straightforward answer and it's just turned into an argument or being ignored.
Not quite as straightforward as you think. The fact the max you can get in your area is 200mb says to me you're running on an older CMTS. There are a lot of CMTS upgrades going on across the country. As an example in the area I work there are approx 8 headend/hubsites. To give an example of a couple, one of them was about a weeks work. New CMTS installed in spare rack space, old equipment cut over to new CMTS. Another site took not far off a year, multiple CMTS's, not enough room to house them so a complete headend rebuild. Various issues encountered on the way. I can't say for certain but I would imagine major issues at one site could have knock on effects for others. Obviously I know nothing about the area you are fed from, so I couldn't comment, but all I can say is it's not always a case of chuck a CMTS in job done unfortunately
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote