View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 23:17   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Poor streaming downloading and uploading

in this instance I think even a few people experiencing this problem means it warrants further investigation and maybe indictative or a larger problem. I class this problem as one of the more serious ones on par with the shub's wireless performance with regards to the frequency of posts. Even if 70% of people like myself are happy with their service, youtube is such an important service for families and something VM actively advertise as being unrestricted that they have got to make sure it works. When I know I can I download at 12mb/sec consistently there is no excuse why I piddly 50mb video buffers and can take 4 mins to fully stream.

The number of people reporting the issue may be disproportionate to the customer base but it still needs fixing. You have got to remember that most people dont know any better and unless they switch isp they'll assume that that is how youtube works and maybe it cant handle the throughput because it is a popular site, especially if they talk to their neighbour or friend who also experiences the same problem and is on a higher tier like myself.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote