View Single Post
Old 29-07-2014, 20:11   #167
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My dr's you cannot book appointments to see one now, they have to phone you back after surgery, which is anytime after 6 to see if you need to see him.
Whereas my doctors will allow you to book appointments online. Rather bizarrely, you have to write to them for permission to use the system.

My moans. Tourists, pupils and trains..

Sadly, working in a busy tourist town, I get to see a lot of tourists and pupils. Most of the time, neither bother me but I've dealt with both every day for the last couple of weeks.

My problem with pupils is simply that schools, presumably in an attempt to cut costs, often send out pupils in large groups (I've seen up to 100) with a couple of teachers. I don't even have a problem with that. It's just that the teachers seem to work hard to find a place for the pupils to group up that causes the maximum disruption for other people. They block pavements, stairs, escalators, pedestrian cross, and anything else they can. Today, I had to fight to get down the stairs to my station, then, when I needed to change to the overground train, another group of pupils had blocked the one entrance to my platform that was open.

I'm sure that they don't, but I've had to fight to get past large groups at least twice a day for the last two weeks. BTW, these are both language schools, and don't seem to follow the normal term start/end dates.

Tourists tend to do the same thing.

Why bring trains into it? Well, my evening train is normally crowded, which is bad enough, but today it was so crowded that no one even had room to breath. The man standing behind me seemed unable to hold on to the rail. Well, he'd have had to put down either his briefcase or book to do so, and he seemed unable to do either. So, every time the train moved even slightly he went flying into the nearest commuter, usually me. I had to hold on for dear life to stop myself crushing the woman in front of me, and the extra weight really wasn't helping. Of course, South Eastern being the charming, customer focused company they are, said absolutely nothing about any earlier problems that might have caused (IMO) dangerous levels of overcrowding. In fact, beyond the normal automated train announcements, they actually said nothing.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote