View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 17:34   #30
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Ryanair Censured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Alan, if we all had the same standard and high class flying then you would only be reaching a very small target audience, espeically in these recession times.

It makes business sense to appeal to the majority of the market.
Not everyone wants a 3 course meal on a one hour flight.
You will also find that the big airlines such as Air France only give you a sandwhich on a short haul flight.
As long as it is regulated as all airlines are in the Uk, same security and safety procedures are followed then as long as you get from A to B that is what matters.
BA don't serve any food on short-haul flights anymore, as my wife found out a while ago. She had two connecting flights and the first one had a problem so they spent a couple of hours on the tarmac. Eventually they left, and she had to rush to get her connecting flight. No food on either flight, not even to purchase, so my wife basically went without food for 5 hours, except for a couple of grapes left over from a stewardess's meal. Imagine being a diabetic in that situation. I'm inclined to agree that standards are dropping to appalling levels, at least where BA is concerned, and the low cost airlines do seem to be a driving factor.