View Single Post
Old 26-06-2008, 16:39   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: virgin media have run a cable up my wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by isismcbank View Post
The police came and said it was a civil matter, but wanted to know why I wanted it removing and said it was on our property but was petty to ask her to remove it.I do not agree you cannot let companys stick cables where ever they like. The neighbouring property is a cafe and she is a strange lady, said I had threatened her with a letter, as it asked her to remove it as she was refusing to let me know the cable company. All very strange really I have never come across this before.
Yes robs post is excellant I am getting on with my letter as we speak
The coppers who came round suggested it was 'petty' for you to want to remove it? Here's an idea, they can concentrate on catching crooks, and leave you to make your own decisions about your civil rights.

And ha ha to the strange lady, as if she thought there were dozens of cable companies out there and you'd never find out which one put the cable there...

TBH I'd have been tempted, had she said that to me, to tell her "that's a pity, because if I can't get the company to come and remove it, I'm going to have to do it myself." Then I might have brandished a pair of scissors at the cable.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote