View Single Post
Old 25-01-2014, 07:24   #816
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

No surprise here...
Quote:
Million sickness benefit applicants 'fit for work'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25886638

I'm sure this will be divisive, some will see it as the Tory reform is working, and some will see it as the total opposite.

You can also see that they want to help those that are sick back into work. Now I can't get my head around that. Not when you have forms to fill that is based on trick questions that is geared up to make you fail. The forever changing goalposts. Then there's atos on top which is also geared up to make the sick fail. So when they say they want to help, in what way are they really helping?

Then you'll read that 'millions' apparently have withdrawn their claims. Is that because they have something to hide? Maybe, but the amount of times I wanted to just give up just to be left alone, sod the impossible forms and all the stress that comes with it. I don't think it's that black and white.

The Mail is having a field day with the 'Benefit Street' program, with quotes of the sick playing slot machines like there's nothing wrong with them etc. All damning but the vilification is seemingly constant but it's working.

I have witnessed first hand to be called 'a cheat', why? Because I don't look ill or use aids such as a wheelchair. I would do my hardest not to appear sick to anyone I meet, that's being human and nothing else.

Yet for all those that think the reform is working or think it's easy to just fill in a form and claim everything, live the high life and laugh at people paying taxes then you're ignorant of the facts. The truth is that you're also condemning the genuine and making their lives a lot harder in the process.

I've also been accused of wanting the Gov to fail, just so I can bitch and moan about it. Things said like that are is just pathetic and ignorant. When it affects me in this way then bitching and moaning the last thing on my mind. I do wish for something different, just something that is fair and a whole lot more honest.

Being ill, sick, disabled etc the lines are now blurred enough to just group us as a 'benefit claimant' and nothing more and sh*t sticks.

And no I don't feel sorry for myself. I feel frustrated for those that don't have a clue.