View Single Post
Old 23-07-2012, 20:06   #11
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: New EU regs on charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argy1 View Post
I did ask that someone phone me back, but if they don't i will try to raise a complaint via CISAS

All the VM website seem to want to is sell bundles, so how much will I be charged if I don't buy a bundle? the VM is not clear, surely it should say 58p per megabyte of data, plus VAT

might also, to be on safe side turn off surfing on my mobile while abroad
It would appear that VM have gotten around the new regs by selling roaming in bundles every site i have looked at including Which are listing the same prices as are on VM's web site

Quote:
It may be the smallest of the bunch, but Virgin's mobile offering has had to update itself along with the other operators to adhere to EU regulations.

To use the mobile internet in the EU, customers will have to purchase a data pass before connecting. It offers four options, depending on planned usage. For £3, users can get 5MB of data, with the price rising to £5 for 10MB, £10 for 25MB and £30 for 100MB.

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240158967/Computer-Weeklys-guide-to-EU-mobile-roaming-charges