View Single Post
Old 26-03-2010, 12:46   #60
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag3d View Post
No timscale given, After seeing the standard of their work I will not allow them to dig in my garden to remove whatever is there. I am waiting on a quote from a professional landscaper and when he does the work if their cable is nearer the surface than I have been told it will be removed.
I just have to see if the claims dept are prepared to meet the cost of re-turfing this small garden.
The landscaper that came today to give me a quote told me that the job Openreach left would in all probability always show.
Hang on - you've not agreed to allow the cable to remain, have you?

You have to get that cable off your property. What if it needs repaired or replaced in future? Whose garden will be getting dug up if/when that happens? Yep, yours.

There is absolutely no reason for that cable to be on your property. Openreach should have dug their trench along the pavement until it reached your neighbour's boundary, and then they should have run it up through his lawn. The reason they did not do that was clearly to save themselves some time and money. Well, frankly, their time and money is not your problem!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote