View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:11   #7
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
There always has been and will always be abuse of disabled people .The fact that some charities have chosen to link such abuse to government policy on benefit fraud and welfare cuts is a disgrace .In doing this the charities will segregate the disabled section of society even more .What do these charities think will happen ?do they think the government will do a 'u' turn and cancel all the reforms based on a few stories from charities and organisations we know are against the cuts ?
I think it's relative to what side of the fence you're on. I take it you're not sick or disabled. It's like when you have a relationship breakdown, you notice that every song on the radio is all you and the breakup so to speak. So to me when I read that article it's like 'at last' something positive (spoken up for) to the plight of the sick and disabled instead of all the vilifications of late. But I'm sure you probably won't agree with that either.

I see you do have a lot so say about benefits yet it really doesn't affect you, of course you are well entitled to your opinion but because myself being on the other side of the fence I obviously see things slightly differently, because it matters more so.

I'm sure you read what BBC says and watch their programs like saints and sinners highlighting all the scroungers that are claiming benefits that are better off than you and that you have formed your opinion based on something that doesn't affect you as a whole. I'm sure no matter what they now say in the media it will not sway you to see what it is really like to a lot of people, and it's that kind of ignorance those that are hit have to put up with and fight.

Well done the Guardian for that article.