View Single Post
Old 31-07-2017, 23:08   #207
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
... and what happens if/when their 2040 deadline is there and the required national infrastructure isn't? Providing enough charging points is going to be a massive task and it wouldn't surprise me if half way through the hugely costly and protracted process they drop the whole thing in favour of something else. Remember it was only a couple of years ago that they were cajoling people into buying diesel cars. I bought one and now I'm a pariah...

You keep drawing analogies with phones and the internet - if they don't start digging up roads and putting in charging points soon it'll be too late. If they can come up with a way to charge up cars wirelessly via the internet maybe they have a chance...
The key thing is that there is a strong financial incentive for companies to devise an easier charging solution so money will be invested into it. Mobile phones can be charged remotely so why not larger devices in the future?
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-phone-1325667
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote