View Single Post
Old 29-12-2016, 19:52   #3594
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
So in using the term to describe yourself as you do under your forum name, you are actually making a statement about it as a derogatory term with negative connoitations?

You fooled me, I thought you were using it with admirable abandon to identify yourself as a proud 'member' of the Remain group. In fact, you may have encouraged its use on the forum being a mod and all that.
I am using it ironically or sarcastically. As I said it think it's obviously meant to be a disparaging term but I am not one for easily getting triggered or taking offence (which might also be why I am less likely to see why Brexit supporters are offended when someone says something disparaging).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I'd also question why nothing but gloomy rubbish makes a regular appearence in our media whilst anything positive is totally ignored.
Negative news sells. Ebola was a big crisis until it wasn't and suddenly it didn't matter anymore. You wonder how many massive problems we've had which we were quietly solved and we simply forgot. It's not unique to Brexit anyway, the EU ways always the recipient of bad news too.

Quote:
I'm not sure there is any point in anymore debate until we have something new to debate apparently we should around march time.
Agreed.