View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 14:13   #156
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Westminster Sexual Allegations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think the police need to work on the speed of forensic examinations. There have been many stories of people being left in limbo for over a year whilst these take place.

I am not sure the case you are talking about as I didn't hear it but as for no action being taken against her it's important to remember that an unproven accusation is not therefore malicious or fake. We don't want a justice system where the accusation of a crime is either proven or the accuser is in trouble.

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Labour could well have handled the accusations better for all concerned here. It's still right though that accusers feel safe to come forward and their complaints are investigated and, so long as they didn't make it up, the accusers are not responsible for it.
No we don't but what we have is a situation in which you, I our one of our loved ones can have their entire lives turned upside down (including their innocent families and loved ones) and even destroyed when there's no evidence at all. That's where we're at right now and have been for far too long with people even being named publicly. If we're going to take every allegation seriously then I'm afraid the authorities need to get their act together or take responsibility for the incredible damage done to those who were innocent. All too many of them. Time will tell whether Mr Sargeant did anything much wrong and if it turns out he didn't then maybe the powers that be will start to take this seriously. They're certainly not right now, in their clamour to support 'victims' they're entirely overlooking the accused.

Last edited by Osem; 08-11-2017 at 14:29.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote