View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 10:25   #155
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Westminster Sexual Allegations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I heard a guy on radio earlier. He'd called in to relate what'd happened to him. He'd been accused of a serious matter and the police had immediately taken away all his phones, computers for forensic examination etc. The 'investigation' lasted '16 months of hell' before it was decided that there was no basis to the allegations and the whole thing was dropped. He suffered terribly, lost his job, became depressed and suicidal and is still living with the aftermath of the whole episode. His accuser was never named and no action was taken against her...
I think the police need to work on the speed of forensic examinations. There have been many stories of people being left in limbo for over a year whilst these take place.

I am not sure the case you are talking about as I didn't hear it but as for no action being taken against her it's important to remember that an unproven accusation is not therefore malicious or fake. We don't want a justice system where the accusation of a crime is either proven or the accuser is in trouble.

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Perhaps the witch hunters are happy now.
Labour could well have handled the accusations better for all concerned here. It's still right though that accusers feel safe to come forward and their complaints are investigated and, so long as they didn't make it up, the accusers are not responsible for it.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote