View Single Post
Old 14-12-2011, 19:28   #41
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Mind The Pay Gap? Tube Drivers 'To Get £55k'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Here we go again, Have ago at someone who is trying to get decent agreements.

I for one WOULD NOT be a tube driver, no matter what they get paid, can you imagine sitting there for 8 hours, driving a tube train, and then bang someone jumps in front of you, train crashes etc.
Decent agreements??? Holding the city to ransom more like, guaranteed they'll find a ludicrous excuse to ignore the 'no strike' arrangements just before the Olympics to try and get an even bigger payout.

As for being a tube driver? Damn right I would. Almost doubling my pay, not having to put my life on the line attending calls and pressing a button to go forwards and another to stop without having to worry about changing lanes or traffic merging.

Being a lorry or bus driver is far more taxing and dangerous that a train driver, people might end up under the wheels but that can happen with any form of transport.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote