View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 16:45   #58
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Thing is, if you're getting 27mbps on a 100mb line, it's not intentional, it's because of congestion that your line can't manage more than that. As with everything else congestion, effects will vary by time of day and path to server. A VM only server would probably be sat on the VM network, and therefore not be affected by VM's inability to provide sufficient outside capacity, and the fact that 6am is hardly peak time.[COLOR="Silver"]
So you are telling me 27Mb is probably accurate even though I get a better result than that on some flash driven server in Los Angeles? 27Mb is the lowest I have ever got anywhere any time since I have been on 100Mb. My PC is well up to spec when it comes to handling single threads, 4 threads or 8 threads. The fact that I got a 2 files from ACRONIS at a combined speed of 16MB the other day is not significant then?

Are we trying to defend the indefensible here?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote