View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 21:25   #48
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Why then do I get an invariable 104Mb from speedtest.net (London, NAMESCO) any time of day or night? (I always close any network device before running tests.)

I have just been asked, today, to run the tbb speedtester on my system. So far it has done 2 tests and averaged me at 27Mb!

Speedtest.net and the tbb software-based speed tests are completely different tests done a completely different way, but someone must be taking the Micky. If tbb are basing national research into the performance of ISPs against their advertised speeds then they need to get their methods right. I for one won't believe their research results!
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote