View Single Post
Old 14-01-2010, 16:07   #51
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them
Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Hi all,

I have had my 2nd phone interview and I am awaiting the result before (hopefully) being invited to an assessment day. I have not got a clue how I have done but I can tell you a little about my experience

In the first interview I was asked a couple of very straight forward questions. There was nothing difficult to answer. I believe the questions are random but if you are due to have one then I would not worry. I was asked about what the company offer to customers and then a series of what 5 things would you have to consider in a number of scenarios such as health and safety when using ladders / tools and arriving at a job.

The second phone interview was completely different to what I had prepared for. I was expecting a series of questions you would expect at a face to face interview. The types of questions relating to Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, why should we employ you, what do you know about us and where do you see yourself in 5years etc etc... It was in fact a behaviour evidence answer interview. In my case I was asked to give examples about a time when I did it..... How did you do it why did you and what was the outcome etc etc. Basically I was asked to prove my skills by explaining an example whilst maintaining structure. There is plenty of time to answer each question and as the interviewer was typing what I was saying I found that I had time to think about my next step. I had to think on my feet and although I was surprised I completed the interview and felt confident afterwards (famous last words).

This was in my case so please don't take this as what will happen if you are due a phone interview. My advice would be to be yourself, take your time and think about your answer. The interviewers are friendly and are not pushy so although its easy to say just relax.

I hope this gives an insight into what to expect without giving the impression this will definately be the case for others.

Good luck to niallharper & lukebowdler

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote