View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 17:20   #115
RizzyKing

Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

I've been on the receiving end of some very unpleasant anti disabled abuse Damian but not once did i think of reporting people to the police. There always have been and there always will be ignorant morons but contrary to what some think you can't legislate everything away. My skin has thickened and my temper threshold is much higher because of the abuse I've had and I'm nothing special i haven't done anything that anyone else can't do. Most of the time the idiot brigade are looking for a reaction and any reaction and those will love having the police involved it will in their mind add something. The really serious and thoroughly unpleasant persistent abusers will be vpn'd up to their necks using ghost accounts or zombie accounts and the level of resources needed to unravel those will be out of all proportion to the number of cases.

We don't have the resources and people are not prepared to pay the amount of tax to have the resources to deal with every issue and given the number of actual physical crimes that don't get properly dealt with because of lack of resources prioritising online abuse is a slap in the face for thousands of crime victims in the UK. Internet is a choice as is how you interact with the internet you do have choices and options to avoid abuse generally and it is not something the police should be doing with their ever tightening resources.