View Single Post
Old 31-08-2015, 18:05   #1913
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sorry, my post may have been misleading in that I quoted your post but was directing my comments to theone.

On your first comment, of course I understand that not all TV and streaming services are available throughout the UK. I was really pointing out that the vpn alternative was not as appealing as I once thought it would be. The lack of good broadband speeds will clearly affect vpn wannabes as well, and most people in the UK are able to get either satellite or cable services, so I'm not quite sure what point you were making here.
Because in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Although having looked at the '20 most popular box sets' on the US version of Netfix, we do appear to have access to them all.

I think I must commence a detailed comparison of these US sites with what we have on offer over here so I can work out whether there are any advantages to looking at the vpn solution.

As soon as I have a spare half day...!
you were clearly comparing UK Netflix to US Netflix, with no mention of Amazon Prime or Now TV. You suggested, based on, the '20 most popular box sets' that there was no advantage to having US Netflix, based on the 'Top 20'.

I was pointing out, of the top of my head, that several notable shows are on other Netflix regions but not on UK.

Now, you bring in another goal post change of including Prime and Now TV.