Thread: Virgin 4G
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:01   #18
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO
Exclamation Re: Virgin 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
4G is expensive at the moment wouldn't really do for me I am with orange/EE got a Note 2 but pay £31 for panther 36 which is 600mins unlimited texts 1gb a month the 4G contract was about £36 a month but I was sure there was a charge for the phone it wasn't free.

4G is good for people on the move like reps that might be staying in a hotel over night and want to stream a movie. most people just use their phones for facebook, Ebay and the odd website for me and many others 4G is just too much to pay to get a slightly faster page to load up and these websites are often slow anyway to load.
You raise a good point, if some one feels they need 4g for streaming a movies they're going blitz through there monthly 5gb allowance. I would prefer a unlimited upto 42mb although in my case averaging 20mb than a 100mb with on a 5-10gb allowance.

If your streaming a movie on iPad or phone than 20mb is more the fast enough, Infact on a phone proabaly 2mb is enough. An as EE4G don't allow tethering you won't ever stream at higher than 5mb anyway.