View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:52   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Torrents cause internet to stop working and modem needs rebooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I dont think most people realise this but routers can only handle a certain number of connections going in and out of it. You are more than likely maxing out the number of connections the shub can handle which will cause it to lock up. I had the same thing happen about 10 years ago when I first started using torrents on my 1st router. You can easily fix it by going into the advanced options of your torrent client and reducing the max max number of global connections. It is probably set to unlimited atm. And before you say, no you shouldnt have to do that because all the routers I have had over the years and can handle more simultaeous connections that I have ever used. If you use torrents a lot, for this reason along with many others, I suggest putting the shub into modem mode and relieving it of its routing burden and investing in a proper router.

Are you reading this carlwaring?
I have had my shub in modem mode for ages because of the problems i have with the router side. I built one of these and it works superb http://www.clearfoundation.com

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote