View Single Post
Old 19-02-2012, 19:05   #8
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Password change on a Superhub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileylou View Post
I only ended up with a Superhub because I was having trouble with my old wired router and Virgin offered me a 'hub' to replace my old blue modem (at no extra cost),but when it arrived it was a Superhub.

I disabled the wireless feature and plugged my ethernet cables into it and it's been fine so far - and saved me form having to buy a new router.
Ahh....In that case, as a wired router it will probably give reasonable service. It's when the wireless is enabled that most of the problems arise.

However even without the wireless it has trouble with large LAN transfers, particularly, for example if you are pushing and/or pulling a file over your lan while seeding a torrent the poor old thing is liable to keel over. In fact a torrent with a reasonable amount of peers downloading and simultaneously seeding will do it. Apparently it's underpowered processor can't keep up. The latter is particularly annoying if you have left a box on all night seeding only to find the router and your PC have to be rebooted to get back to square one.

Still give it a whirl, a few people extol it's virtues, so if they are to be believed, it proves that a few of the wretched devices are capable of giving some sort of service.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote