View Single Post
Old 28-09-2009, 09:16   #60
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Stopping smoking support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Nearly 6 years for me and like The Daddy you have to reach a point where YOU are ready to quit. I tried several times because I knew I should and various other reasons and failed because I didn't (at the time) really want to quit. 30 years with a 20 a day habit and I was finally ready and the help of patches and the nurse in our local Stop Smoking clinic succeeded.
My Grandad gave up years before he died. He was a 40 a day man. He just decided he was going to stop one day and did. Apparently without any help. Then, a year after he stopped, on Christmas day, he asked my mum for a ciggie. She asked if he was going to start smoking again. He replied that no, he wasn't, he just wanted to be reminded how horrible they taste. From there on in, he smoked one cigarette a year.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote