View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 16:53   #11
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: UK piracy crackdown

Quote:
I would have thought any kind of linear download \ stream from a single known IP source is likely to ring alarm bells.
Probably can but this isn't about what they can and can't detect here, it's about which ones they're trying to enforce and it basically just looks like a re-affirmed stance on the blocking of specific P2P sites that they were ordered to block. Until Kodi and such others come into play they have absolutely no reason to bother with streaming.

Quote:
I know someone who uses Kodi to download content, not just watch it. I suspect that will likely to flag an email from his (not VM) ISP?
Downloading would, they'll likely have trigger sites and as suggested above, matching against a known source. Kodi in that instance would be no different from a torrent client.