View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 15:12   #1
beasty54
cf.addict

Services: 1gb, Full TV
beasty54 is on a distinguished roadbeasty54 is on a distinguished road
Need advice with new flat not on VM system

Hi guys, I'm just hoping to get a bit of advice regarding my new flat. Basically the house is divdided into 3 flats but mine isn't on VMs system. The property is registered correctly with royal mail, and VM have checked this and confirmed that there system is wrong.

This is how VMs system is showing my property (not the real street and number)

265 Terrys lane (does not exist)
265, Flat 1 Terrys lane
265, Flat 2 Terrys lane

This is how it should be, and is on Royal Mails system.

265, Flat 1 Terrys lane
265, Flat 2 Terrys lane
265, Flat 3 Terrys lane (my flat at the back of the house)

Ive spoken to a few people at VM now but each time i call i get given different advice, or i'm left on hold for 30 mins. What they have said so far, and i was quite shocked, is that they can put it down as flat 2 and come and do an installation Obviously i refused this option because i dont live in flat 2 and dont want problems when the person that does live there wants to order cable.

When i called last thursday i was told an engineer would call me to arrange a visit so he can confirm an install is possible, i asked why when the house is clearly in a cabled area and an engineer visit isn't needed to confirm an extra box can be installed in your bedroom?? Anyway... an engineer hasn't called yet to sort this out so i rung back today and as i expected, theres no record of a planned visit. After wasting about 90 mins on the phone earlier i was finally promised a call back in a few mins, 2 hours later i hadn't had this call so i rung again. I'm now back to square one and an engineer is apparently going to call me back

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? or maybe one of the VM staff that post here might have some advice. Any help would be appreciated.
beasty54 is offline   Reply With Quote