View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 13:56   #10
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Local elections 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Problem is that we shouldn't be voting on national issues at local elections. It's whether your local council is performing or not that you should consider. But it seems national politics have far too great an influence.

Only one of the three candidates for my ward even bothered to stick a leaflet through my door. I have no idea what the Labour or Liberal candidates would wish to achieve for my area, so unsurprisingly they don't deserve my consideration. So the Conservative candidate wins by default.

Now if the election was for County Councils, I dare say I'd have had to spoil my vote. No way would I be voting for the Conservative encumbents there when they raised Council Tax by 3% when they could have had a government subsidy to 2.5% (So I'm paying twice, once for the increase to Surrey, and then to subsidise via central government those councils that didn't do the increase), plus their failure to get library cuts under control (they've probably spent more on legal battles than they would have saved).
Would agree wholeheartedly done this for all my voting years but I am sick to death with corruption in our politics.

It dont matter anymore who in power they just corrupt.

I made protest vote to day first time ever.

Greens got my vote nothing to do with there ability to elected in my ward council its they least bunch of scroungers.

UKIP just conservitive with different flag.

Lib Dem power hungry looneys who would sell there mother for bit power.

Conservatives ultra corruption through its ranks

labour not much cleaner than conservatives

To me politics is dead needs cleaning up

We critise theys countries for politics but are we any better when those in power suck up to multi rich businessmen.

Sorry this first time I think the nation should throw its weight to give politics its biggest shake up ever.

People the ones who in power they can throw these **** into the gutter they belong.

Its sad that good local councillors might be the fallguy for a protests but unless they show some guts denounce theyre national MP's they should get the same treatment.

Time is for people stand up against corruption.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote