View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 13:14   #731
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think you have missed the point, Damien. I don't know how fit these people are, but given the sheer number of them piling into the UK, there is an obvious impact on our public services, particularly the NHS, not to mention housing, schools, etc.
No I got the point fine. I was asking if there was much evidence of immigration being one of the principal causes of the rise in waiting times. If it's so obvious it should be easy to quantify, especially given the large impact it's meant to be having.

How fit and healthy immigrants are is important to the question because the NHS is not used equally across demographics.

Not about waiting times this article suggests immigrants from the EU are a small cost compared to other factors and they might even make a net contribution: https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/res...ure-on-the-nhs

Last edited by Damien; 13-11-2017 at 13:19.