View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 10:13   #35
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's a worrying trend. As well as the people who have lived here for years, asylum seekers, EU migrants, economic migrants etc needing employment, we are also losing jobs abroard without them even setting foot in the UK. At least immigrants and their employers pay NI and tax.

On top of this automation isn't that far away where a huge amount of jobs will be lost.

How are we to pay for the NHS, the welfare state and other public services? We are letting foreign people into the country, letting jobs leave the country to foreign countries, still allowing many tax loopholes.

When automation takes hold there will be massive job losses, but how will the unemployed (of all nationalities) be looked after?

It's time that the politicians took this on board and prepared for the future.

---------- Post added at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

Well, it's alright for those of us of a certain age who own our own home and have pensions, investments etc- especially if our jobs aren't likely to be lost either to other countries or due to automation, but what about younger people?

I'd hate to be starting out in today's world as it is now.
I don't see why. We have full employment now and young people are offered apprenticeships instead of benefits to help them get a foot up the ladder.

Virgin Media is not a social service anyway, it is a business. Using foreign call centres saves money, and that helps to ensure prices don't go up even higher. People keep moaning about price increases and then people moan again when the company tries to do something about it. They can't win.

The generalised comments I am hearing sound to me as if they betray a bit of a racist attitude. I have received good service from all of Virgin's call centres. I had an Indian gentleman dealing with a computer problem I had about three years ago, and although it was a little difficult to understand him at times, he was very patient and about 20 minutes later he had solved my problem.

I keep hearing these stories from the usual suspects on here, and yet not once have I come across a problem of rude or unhelpful people at Virgin Media, whether I've dealt with a call centre based in the UK or one based in India. I have not yet dealt with a call centre in the Phillipines, so I can't vouch for them.

My advice to anyone who is always getting the response they say they are getting is to examine their own behaviour before blaming anyone else for not getting satisfaction.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote