View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 11:48   #1
edgedemon
Inactive

edgedemon is an unknown quantity at this point
New Cable box???

I have had an old Pace4000 STB for the last few yrs (5) and want to check with other people on a few things

I am about to take the plunge and buy my first LCD (1080p) and I am worried about my signal quality and what it will look like on my new screen.
Im worried because I have a slightly weird set up - I have a media center PC, it controls all my TV, Music DVD's etc. I connect the signal to it by using scart from the STB to composite (1 video, 2 audio L+R) which goes into the back of my TV card and the PC takes over from there.

I know composite is considered a poor quality signal, are there any other output options on the newer STB's? S-Video would be nice!!

I have heard V+ has hdmi out, but as I have a media center, it is a complete waste of cash, because apart from the recording multiple cable channels, I already have more functionality than V+ provides and I cant remember the last time I wanted to record two cable channels.

What are the options I have to get the best possible quality signal into my PC???

Is it worth getting a new STB
Can I buy a better one and use my card in the PACE with a different box?
edgedemon is offline   Reply With Quote