View Single Post
Old 19-01-2017, 13:41   #6823
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Your own example from The Independent, observed:

'But there are recent signs the UK market is slowing down, with viewing figures 12 per cent lower than last year, increasing the importance of overseas markets. Sky chief executive Jeremy Darroch said the latest rights deal was close to the limit of what broadcasters would pay.'

Your opinion appears to be based purely on past events, and you have been telling me over and over that my view of the future cannot be right because that is not happening now.

However, any successful businessman will tell you that no matter how successful you are, if you are not alert to signs of change and you do not adapt to them quickly, you could be caught out big time.

Sky are already investing more in drama in an effort to future proof themselves from a shift in viewing patterns away from sport.

I think that more people now are prepared to believe my vision of on demand viewing taking over and rendering our linear channels unviable than there were only a year ago, as evidence mounts of increasing numbers watching TV via non conventional methods.
But what are yours and others predictions based on? as there is utterly no proof in the financial figures of these companies that the golden goose that laid the egg has done a disappearing act as of yet.

Last edited by denphone; 19-01-2017 at 13:44. Reason: Deleting word
denphone is online now   Reply With Quote