View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 19:24   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Someone uses my address as theirs for banking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i have lived in my house since 1987 and every January i get a bank statement for a Paul Kirk i have informed the nat west many times that he doesn't live here but the mail keeps coming , he's only got a couple of quid in the account can't imagine why the bank don't just close the account down .
If this is getting on your nerves, i'd contact the Ombudsman.

For security reasons, banks are supposed to suppress letters etc and mark as 'dormant' any account that hasn't had any activity for a period of time and they have not been able to verify that the customer is still alive and living there.

The Alliance & Leicester do this annually for an account that I no longer use but wish to keep open. Thirty years is outrageous!!

I had this with a Lloyds account for a few months, they wouldn't do anything when I telephoned them because I wasn't the account holder and couldn't answer any of their security questions!! In the end I threatened to (and did) contact their customer and told him what was happening and recited all the personal information I had about him, it still made no difference.

In the end the Ombudsman sorted this nonsense out and even awarded me a token amount of compensation to reflect the inconvenience and waste of my time & effort.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 28-10-2017 at 19:29.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote