View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 09:58   #2260
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
Forgive me for not wading through 151 pages of this just in case this has already been answered. But I understand that one shouldn't lose one's existing recordings when one switches from old TiVo to new V6. But how does this work? Do they just shove the old (and perhaps tired) hard drive - which in my case has about 800 Mb of recordings - into the new box? Or do they have some incredibly fast copying device? Because it would normally take a long time to transfer this much data. Help would be appreciated.
Unless you plan to keep your old TiVo as a second box in your home, you will lose your old recordings, all 800Gb of them.
If you have a V6 and your old TiVo is connected (i.e. wired) to the same network then you can stream your old recordings to the V6.
Virgin Media will not copy old recordings to a new box - whether they could or not I have no idea, but any statements that old recordings are retained is not true.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote