View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 13:51   #95
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

This article should please Den and his followers - a new type of dynamic linear channel. Perhaps this may offer existing broadcasters a lifeline.

The idea is that through artificial intelligence, the system will learn what you like and prepare schedules for you to reflect your taste. So if you prefer your TV already scheduled for you, this could be the answer.

I might even make some limited use of that myself, as long as I didn't have to sit through the boring adverts, which presumably, would also be taylored to my preferences!

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/75368...ital-channels/

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------
Zone TV taps AI for self-scheduling digital channels

US and Canada-based OTT TV technology outfit Zone-TV is planning to tap the power of artificial intelligence to launch an OTT TV service with ‘linear-like’ channels that automatically schedule themselves according to the preference of the individual viewer.

Zone-TV, formerly known as ES3, has acquired rights to about 70,000 shows not previously seen on TV to populate what it is describing as 14 ‘dynamic channels’.

The group said that the channels would contain human-curated digital-first content but that the schedule of each would be modified by artificial intelligence in line with the tastes and interests of viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I think I owe OLD BOY an apology, I thought there was no way the likes of Amazon would spend the fortunes necessary to secure the pan regional rights for major sports events but I've just realised (somewhat belatedly) they will be showing live Thursday night NFL games this season.

Whilst this is most likely the cheapest package of NFL games available it shows they might be serious players in the sports rights business.
Although I do believe pan regional rights for even the cheapest Premier League package would cost a lot more than these NFL rights Amazon has acquired.
No apology needed, Buckeye. It is difficult to work out how things could change in the future. Change often happens in ways you least expect!

It would not surprise me at all if Amazon made a play for the Premier League, but personally I hope it's Discovery that do this, which will even things up with Sky.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 04-10-2017 at 14:00.