View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 13:33   #1467
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
If the EU are playing hard ball, we have to do the same. I suspect it's opening rhetoric, but it worries me that some news outlets are paying more attention and giving massive credence to what the EU wants rather than what Britain wants. Showing fear about the EU's demands weakens our negotiating stance. Lets be honest; some of the proponents of a soft Brexit, don't want a soft Brexit; they want to stay in the EU. And with a soft Brexit, we may as well have stayed in the EU.

Britain won't walk away from any outstanding commitments, but we will be walking away from a Federal States of Europe.
The EU has long-stated that its position of sorting out formulas for leaving and then talking about a trade deal as a third country and this is all in the public domain. Those are its rules, I don't think it's hard or soft ball, just reality.