View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 12:54   #1463
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Why do you care so much about what the EU wants? It's what Britain wants that is important. You seem afraid of the opening bluster from the EU; ignore it. If it does turn out to be more than pre talks sabre rattling, then we just walk away. I know this is from Forbes, but much of the British press seems to be working on the side of the EU negotiators. Shameful.
The article is useful background reading for anyone interested in Brexit. Similar articles are now appearing in other publications, the original article was in German. the whole process of the article being leaked to a German publication is of interest in itself.
But - all the large assumptions you make about my position cannot be drawn from a simple article link. Where have I suggested I'm afraid of anything? And why shouldn't we try and understand our negotiating counterparts' views?

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If a country just 'walks away' from pre-agreed treaties and trade agreements, why would any other country trust it in the future with other treaties and trade agreements?
From a security point of view that's an incredibly dangerous thing to do.