View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 10:27   #1457
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Anti EU feeling is not just in the UK it has been growing throughout western europe for the last decade and I wouldn't be so certain of the french choosing to stay in if they got a referendum. Germany too has a large minority that's also growing that want out of the EU although I don't believe they are remotely close to having enough votes for leave.
Monsieur Macron appears to agree:

Quote:
The front-runner in the French presidential election has told the BBC that the EU must reform or face the prospect of "Frexit".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39766334

Quote:
"But at the same time we have to face the situation, to listen to our people, and to listen to the fact that they are extremely angry today, impatient and the dysfunction of the EU is no more sustainable.
"So I do consider that my mandate, the day after, will be at the same time to reform in depth the European Union and our European project."
Mr Macron added that if he were to allow the EU to continue to function as it was would be a "betrayal".
But surely they'd be stupid to contemplate such a thing wouldn't they? It'd mean economic crisis, emergency budgets blah blah blah... That's what's been forced down our throats.