View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 00:04   #64
leexgx
Inactive

Services: VM 100mb/5mb, Linksys E3200 super fast router, cable tv
leexgx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Battle of the Hubs - The Prequel

the topic was about best Range, the dir-615 is quite an nice router i used a lot of them
---------------------
i lucky as i still have V2 50mb modem (not sh) but now they support modem mode as may Have to get one when 100mb comes (even thought my modem is currently set-up for 200 mode {4x51 links} but rate limited to 51)

i am an computer call out man work for my self so i deal with all sorts of issues

with the SH hub or any router is is disable the firewall settings and set the router to Fixed channel (1,6 or 11 as they are none over lapping channels) and set the router to 150 mode, 300 does not always work and some printers do not like 150 as well but i only set 54 mode if the printer is not happy

BT hubs they are just junk the N tech in the hubs is just about incompatible with most laptops and phones, printers, it is the main thing i fix for calls outs on BT hubs with laptops not connecting or stop working after some hrs
bt hubs setup all black ones set chan to 1,6,11 and set them to b and g mode, i never use N on them as they have to reboot the hub every day or hrs, or devices do not connect (if an BT man remotely logs in to the router they do the same thing so they are aware of it but do not fix it issue with the router as you Need N tech to get above 25-30mb speeds for infinity as most of the 5 customers i have seen get full rate FTTC speeds of 40mb, 1 got 15mb but that house was far from the FTTC cab still its better then 1mb on ADSL)

dir-615 is an nice router Very fast boot up time and quite stable (but prone to die'ing an little i got 2 of them right now that fail to boot i think one of the lights stay orange going to see if i can recover them)
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote