View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 13:47   #758
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

I really never thought that the day would come when I'd be keen to take a BT broadband product but with a duff phone line and oversubscribed VM area the only light at the end of the tunnel for me is Infinity - still showing as due December 2012. It will be just my luck if the duff joint causing my ADSL problems lies in the bit between my local cabinet and the house.

Another light use 24 hours - 189MB down 195MB up

The thing that amazes me after seeing some of these graphs is that folks seem to stick it out despite what must surely be abysmal performance.

Upstream congestion present..

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
So maybe the planned congestion relief is do nothing and speeds will improve when there is mass emigration to FTTC.
That will certainly happen but I suspect Traffic Management Mark II is what they'll be pinning their hopes on. It's virtually guaranteed that if it actually works it will cause a lot more complaints than the wretched Superhub ever did. If it doesn't work then I can't see the shareholders wanting to put the sort of investment in place that the marketing department are making necessary.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote