View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 20:21   #756
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
I've decided on my course of action now - sit out my wait for Infinity on 10Mbps. I will leave VM as soon as I can regardless of what happens in the interim (speed doubling, tripling, or even rising to Gigabit+ and/or prices falling to £5 a month) as so far as I'm concerned they have now clearly shown that marketing is king and customers come nowhere.
I agree it is complete idiocy and a lack of responsibility what they doing.

Oddly enough latency remains tolerable, even with this congestion I got now ssh is ok to use. However browsing is noticebly slow, iplayer doesnt work, youtube is poor, downloading is painful, even streaming radio doesnt work properly.

VMs congestion relief I expect to be some form of drip feed, maybe an extra downstream channel for a massive whopping 25% upgrade, or a reseg with an existing neighboured heavily utilised port. Whilst the reality is many multiples of existing capacity need to be added to my port. I honestly feel when they do congestion relief they dont do any real assessment or monitor the effect of what they do, they rather seem to have a set procedure which they carry out eg. moving users to another segment even if that segment has no spare capacity. Its already clear they dont do any proactive monitoring and upgrades by the number of posts on their forums that tech support staff have to start upgrade work based on customer feedback.

All in all I have approx 8 years of experience with ntl (VM) now. The vast majority of those 8 years has been under at least moderate congestion. To me its a chronic problem they have. Both my sisters have congestion as well, both in different areas, so all 3 of us on different segments to each other. Granted their's isnt as severe as mine but is bad enough to be what I consider excessive.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote