View Single Post
Old 22-03-2017, 17:46   #893
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I felt Hugh's question about Trump's hypocrisy was more pertinent. I summarised it as:
Month 1: Trump says people shouldn't be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody's name.
Month 2: Trump's own press secretary quoted Judge Andrew Napolitano who used anonymous sources.
The reason given to Hugh as to why this hypocrisy is ok is that Trump's press secretary is not Trump himself.

Regarding the golfing, I don't have an issue with that. At the time before he was President, Trump may have felt that the President shouldn't take a day out for this. Having done the job himself, he may now appreciate that it's needed. But more likely scoring political points!
You are right of course, there are far more important issues here than playing golf. The issue is not the golf but his regular hypocrisy regarding his behaviour.

What he should have done is to tweet a message like:

Quote:
After being POTUS for the time I have, I was wrong. I can see why Obama needed to take some time and relax on the golf course!
He would earn far more credibility doing this that his normal tweeted nonsense ...