View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 09:00   #1460
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Neither are their customers OB, what we pay to VM for their top package is a complete rip off imo, and I include Sky in this too, ok, we all have the choice whether to pay or not, but I believe these top companies are operating a cartel, they won't tell you this for obvious reasons, but when you look at what they charge, they're packages ain't that far off in similarity, cost wise.
If it wasn't for the football i'd have dumped VM ages ago, and used the likes of Netflix and Amazon for my viewing, because quite honestly the amount of dross on VM just isn't worth the money imo.
Unfortunately, there's not much Virgin can do. They have to pay to carry these channels, and there is not a huge profit margin in it for them. It wasn't long ago when Virgin were not making any profit at all out of Sky Movies, for example, although this has now been rectified.

When I think back to my BT days back in the 1990s, our telephone bill alone cost me the same as I'm paying now for landline, TV and broadband, so I am not complaining.

I do accept that a lot of the channels we get are dross, and I understand the frustration of those who say they have to pay for loads of channels they never watch in order to view the few good ones.

However, paid for individually, each channel does cost quite a lot, as you can now see quite starkly with those Amazon channels.