View Single Post
Old 21-07-2016, 17:43   #2876
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
That takes me back to being a teenager in the 90s and buying the Radio Times at Christmas to plan all my recordings. The rest of the year I would just use Teletext.

Have you tried the 30 free trial of Netflix? I was a quite hesitant at first did take about a year and a half after they launched in the UK for me to try it. But now I wouldn't go back to liner TV, no adds, start on one device and pick up on another. Between Neflix, Amazon and Now TV I get pretty much everything I want when I want. No need to plan viewing start a show and watch the whole season over a few days. Then start the next one show. I find I watch a lot less TV this way but more quality.

And Amazon has the killer feature of caching shows for off line viewing for when I commute or travel.
Actually we do have Netflix in our household as one of our family pays for it as he watches it quite a lot and we ourselves have watched several things on there so streaming does have a small influence on the family entertainment one could say. and the family also have Amazon Prime as we as a family do order quite a bit on there so our son uses that as well but compared to him and others in our family l suppose you could call us old fashioned fuddy duddy's.