View Single Post
Old 14-04-2012, 23:54   #24
mikep
cf.member

mikep is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What can cause this intermittent power level fault

The latest on my woes is:

New engineer turned up today, and found "inverted tilt" on my connection.
So he installed a eletric device on my main tivo box to supply the property with 15/15 connection. (HDU I think he called it) as it was dropping to 15/7.

He spent his time getting this sorted, and said we needed a new omibox, but the connection should be ok. In the time he took to get a new omibox he had to travel all over the area to get one. It dropped again. Since then we spoke to the neighbours again and they went "now you mention it, we are getting pixelated tv channels around the same time we were originally getting it, but didn't bother phoning up".

We told the engineer when he came back with the onmibox, however its now dropping as much now, but it is still dropping some, Thursday/Fri it was down, and it only been down twice since he has left. So he thinks the HDU is working to mask our problem and make it less apparent. So either the wire coming in the property or a faulty amp on the cab, but the beancounters wont let him sort an installation of a new amp unless more than 1 is effected. So hes going to look at the system snapshot on their network tool to see if it is effecting other people on the cab and get back to us on Monday.
mikep is offline   Reply With Quote