View Single Post
Old 21-11-2017, 17:57   #3408
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
It looks like more shenanigans to be honest. I've seen more details of this and it appears that Together TV will be "launching" on Jan 16th on VM channel 269, which is the existing slot for Community Channel. It also describes Together TV as "the latest incarnation of Community Channel". So, basically, just another rebrand dressed up as a channel launch.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

The pack it is in on VM is more to do with the carriage terms agreed between VM and the broadcaster than FTA availability on other platforms.

Just to clarify, and further to MB's post, it is included in the Mix, M+, Fun & Full House packs on VM.
Thanks, so this change probably won't affect VM customers.

In the past I have known VM to move channels into the lower packs that have gone FTA eg Really; I suppose that they will have had to amend the carriage terms in order to do this. Oddly enough, Home wasn't moved down when that joined Freeview in 2016. VM made a statement at the time to say that they had no plans to move it (not sure what they've done with it more recently now that it's gone FTA on satellite too).

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 21-11-2017 at 18:02.