View Single Post
Old 30-11-2016, 21:06   #1668
MagicTorch
Inactive

MagicTorch is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Hope I can explain this question in a way that makes sense! Trying to understand if V6 can do wireless multi-room Live TV (like Sky Q mini), or can V6 only stream recordings between boxes?

Could I have 2 x V6 boxes, with only one of the 2 boxes physically connected to the Virgin incoming coax cable? For example, a main V6 box (say in the lounge) connected to the Virgin coax, but a 2nd V6 box in another room, not connected to Virgin coax, but with the 2nd V6 able to show live TV (with the live TV streaming from a spare tuner in the 'main' V6 box rather than a tuner on the 2nd box).

I ask this question as I live in a terraced house & would not want coax running from one side of the house to another. Virgin cannot currently provide me with a service, but 'Cable my Street' says 'We're on our way'. So hopefully, at some point in the future, I may be able to switch from Sky to Virgin for broadband. Would consider switching TV from Sky to Virgin also, but only if multi room Live TV was truely wireless & not dependent on every box taking a coax feed. I've had Sky Q since launch & it was the wireless multi-room which sold me, so hoping V6 can do the same.

Last edited by MagicTorch; 30-11-2016 at 21:31.
MagicTorch is offline   Reply With Quote