View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:37   #66
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Saddam To Be Hanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedbythemail View Post
i was marching against the war because i felt that we were being taken in on a false premise, that it would destabilise the region, increase the risk of terrorist threat against the uk and result in a great amount of death.

we may disagree about how saddam should have been removed (bearing in mind too that the war was because of the alleged wmd threat, not regime change) but to suggest as punky did that people marched to keep saddam is deeply, deeply insulting.

we are of course digfressing. i opose the execution of saddam firstly because rit replaces acts of barbarism with another and because in executing him they will create a martyr who will act as a recruiting sergeant for insurgency. and you cant kill a martyr so that martyrdom will remain an effective recruiting force for some time to come. imo an execution will hasten a descent into civil war, rather than prevent it.
That about sums it up for me too. I went on the marches for teh same reason. I have no problems with Saddam being disposed and I wanted him out as much as plenty of fellow marchers. I have yet to meet someone who went that wanted Saddam to remain in power.

There had to be other ways of removing the man than Going to war with a country, under false pretenses, which consequently paved the way for a lot more hostility towards the west, as well as causing 100s of 100s of innocent deaths as a result of the war.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote