View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:25   #64
hatedbythemail
Permanently Banned

hatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appeal
hatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appeal
Re: Saddam To Be Hanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
When the woman behind the news desk after discussing the situation of the engineers then comes out with "well if they're giving out information like that who knows what other information they are giving freely, like secret radio codes" you'd be hard pressed to assign that as a claim from one of the "sides"
i didnt see the repoirt so difficult to comment

Quote:
Really?
Were you marching against the start of the war, or matching in support of the war but against the lack of exit stratergy?
i was marching against the war because i felt that we were being taken in on a false premise, that it would destabilise the region, increase the risk of terrorist threat against the uk and result in a great amount of death.

we may disagree about how saddam should have been removed (bearing in mind too that the war was because of the alleged wmd threat, not regime change) but to suggest as punky did that people marched to keep saddam is deeply, deeply insulting.

we are of course digfressing. i opose the execution of saddam firstly because rit replaces acts of barbarism with another and because in executing him they will create a martyr who will act as a recruiting sergeant for insurgency. and you cant kill a martyr so that martyrdom will remain an effective recruiting force for some time to come. imo an execution will hasten a descent into civil war, rather than prevent it.
hatedbythemail is offline   Reply With Quote