View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 21:59   #44
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
No we did not get £25 each from the company only actual Virgin Media staff received that as per Pierre's post.

If you are being made redundant the last thing you want is a book from Richard Branson stating how good he is and its pretty obvious why most books where left in their boxes or put in the recycling bins and the word "Insensitive" springs to mind and that is the least offensive word that could be posted about that little ego trip.

His name is Branson as he does not also have a sauce named after him.
Well spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Ungracious? Had it been myself I most probably would have taken my copy in to a toilet cubicle, used it instead of the Andrex and handed it straight back.

I bet a fair few people have neither the time, money or inclination to start a business and to suggest his book be the catalyst for soon-to-be-former VM people to go it alone is pure fantasy.
Welcome back Russ, I was getting a bit worried as I hadn't seen you post on the forum for a while

A more mature and constructive thing to do would be to take the book home and read it, Who knows, it might have been a source of inspiration to some staff to go it alone.

Most large businesses started small with little money eg Marks & Spencers started trading from a barrow!

If people have become unemployed, they would have the time, but I do accept that money may be a problem with some people and self employment is not right for everybody.