View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 23:00   #6
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society
Re: Cloud storage for backups: How paranoid should I get?

Appreciate the feedback guys - must admit part of me agrees with the full control over the storage media but at the same time I know what I'm like with admin tasks like backups - hence wanting to automate it to get the data somewhere safe from the house burning down while I'm not here to run out with the external drive!

heero_yuy - Agree on the reliance on the cloud. In this case though, it's the final step in a backup approach. The full setup being that my laptop and other bits in the house that need backing up automatically backup to a RAID5 server in the house. The cloud step is for where does that back up to.

BTW, I've started looking at the Amazon S3 storage option so (hopefully!) supplier going belly up becomes a very low risk!

Of course sticking with the house burning down paranoia the next step will be working out where to keep the keys for decryption when I get the data back!

Are they really out to get me or can I forget about this secure backup lark?
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote