View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 15:59   #1
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society
Cloud storage for backups: How paranoid should I get?

Having spent some time recently helping friends and family sort out backup approaches, I thought perhaps it was time to finish off the one I've been using at home for a while now. The last step being automated backups to cloud storage.

There are quite a few options about (although less so that support Linux via a command line) and currently I'm looking at Spider Oak which claims to have a zero knowledge policy.

Given this is a backup of personal data (including digital copies of bank statements, credit card statements, etc.) would I be going over the top if I added PGP encryption in along the line somewhere?

Given the folk about on CF with better techie knowledge and understanding of some of the privacy implications than me I thought I'd canvas for opinions. (And if anyone has suggestions beyond Spider Oak they'd be welcome.)

Thanks!
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote